As operational elements of the inaugural Tour de Yorkshire Ride have been firming up, organisers of the Ride, Human Race have been keeping a close eye on the rider capacity for the day.
Many people were disappointed to miss out on a place with all 5,000 places in the event selling quickly. So we are delighted to hear that having finalised the start wave structure for the Ride and the timings of the pro race, they are now able to release 500 additional places in the Ride.
ENTRIES WILL OPEN AT 12:00noon ON THURSDAY 19TH MARCH
The start and finish will be from Roundhay Park in Leeds and the majority of each route will be on the same roads as the Pros, on the same day on the 3rd and deciding day of the Tour de Yorkshire. There are three distances to choose from (140km, 100km and 50km - including a Women Only Cycletta over 50km).
Benefits for all riders will include:
- Same routes, structures and spectators as for the pro race
- Finish on the Tour de Yorkshire finish line
- Tour de Yorkshire ride and pro race public village for you and your family
- Ceremonies on the Tour de Yorkshire podium
- One lucky rider will be part of the Tour de Yorkshire pro prize presentation
- Sportive riders dedicated viewing area of the pro race finish
- Tour de France legend and 5 times winner, Bernard Hinault, to provide everyone with his top training tips
- Yorkshire style support through the towns and villages
- Comparison climb times with the Pros (check how you compare with the best)
- Tour de France memorabilia mass giveaway at the Tour de Yorkshire village for 100s of lucky riders
- Etape du Tour bibs prize draw
- Tour de France VIP access prize draw
- Mechanical support – like the pros
- Medical support
- Sweep vehicle for those who cannot complete the route
- Energy drinks, bars and gels provided at feed stations
- Electronic chip timing
- Results texted to you as you cross the line
- Finisher's medal